By now, many of you are packing up and preparing to head to Milwaukee for WITS ’17 — and we hope you are just as excited as we are!
There are so many things to look forward to: meeting the other attendees, networking with sponsors, learning from the speakers, exploring Milwaukee. Get ready, because this is going to be a big weekend.
As you make your final preparations, here are some final thoughts from the WITS Planning Team about what to bring.
• Check out the WITS ’17 Digital Attendee Guide for all the information you could ever possibly need (especially if it’s your first time).
• Take a look at the schedule! Have you logged into Sched yet? Sched will be our main schedule listing for WITS ’17 (meaning you will not get a physical printed schedule at the event). With Sched, you can get information about all our sessions, speakers, sponsors, and other attendees. You can also create and manage your own personal WITS ’17 schedule (and sync it to your Google Calendar or iCal!), including things like our 1:1 mentor meetings, pre- and post-conference tours and events, parties, networking sessions, extra on- and offsite activities, and more! On mobile? Click here. Trouble logging in? Click here to activate your account or go to the Sched password reset page, and use the email address you registered for WITS with.
• Read up on our amazing sponsors, update your attendee profile on the WITS Online Exchange, powered by TravTrade, and request meetings with sponsors during our Power Networking Hour (here’s a video tutorial on how to do this! Didn’t get an email with your login info for this platform? Email: WITS@travtrade.com.)
• Sign up for the extras! There are plenty of spots left in our pre- and post-conference activities, slots available to meet 1-on-1 with our brilliant mentors, and chances to sign up for personalized meetings with sponsors during our Power Networking session on Saturday afternoon.
If You’re New
• Seriously. Read the WITS ’17 Digital Attendee Guide. It will save your life.
• Have you registered for Blogger 101 Day hosted by Travel Blog Success yet? You won’t want to miss this if you’re new to the blogging world!
• Our marvelous emcee Nicolle has some fun ice breakers and activities planned at the opening plenary for newbies. Don’t worry, you’ll meet people.
• Definitely don’t miss the opening party, and sign up for as many tours and activities as you can! They’re an excellent way to meet other folks in a smaller group setting.
We’re in luck. According to the Weather Network, we’re looking at low 50s (10-12C) and sunny throughout the WITS weekend!
If you’re going on a tour or to the happy hour on Thursday, April 20, be sure to bring an umbrella just in case.
When you’re packing your clothing, remember to bring:
• Comfortable clothes for the pre- and post- conference events, including yoga clothes if you’re doing Yoga at the MAM
• Business-casual wear for the conference, including:
• Comfortable shoes
• PJs for WITS After Hours!
What else to put in your bag? Don’t forget to bring:
• Business cards! You’ll want to hand these out to other attendees as well as sponsors (and they will come in handy when you’re meeting with sponsors, as well).
• Media kits to hand to sponsors (particularly if you’re setting up meetings with potential partners).
• Sharpies, pens, pencils, and a notebook — you never know if you’ll need to jot down a note.
• Cash. Both the WITS marketplace and the Opening Party at the Harley-Davidson Museum will be cash only, so be sure to arrive with at least a bit of cash (for the Opening Party, there is an ATM in an adjacent building).
• Phone charger! One of our amazing sponsors, Schwinn, will be sponsoring a charging station so you can fuel up during the day and stay connected on social media (remember to use #WITS17 and #VisitMKE throughout the weekend). Your phone will also be the best way to access your weekend schedule on Sched, so be sure to keep it as charged as possible.
• Laptop and charger (Note: This is optional! You can always use a notebook or just sit back and listen 🙂 ).
Above all else, remember to…have fun!
WITS is a fantastic learning and networking opportunity, but it is also a really fun weekend with new, likeminded, supportive friends. If it’s your first WITS, take a deep breath, relax, and smile. You can do this.
And if you need us for anything, the WITS planning team will be onsite all weekend long to help you out. Find us and say hi!