Are you a WITS fan from outside of the USA? Help us grow our international network by serving as a WITS Ambassador!
About the Program
The WITS Ambassador Program selects representatives from different countries around the world to serve as “ambassadors” about the Women in Travel Summit. They make noise about the summit to people around them, connect with local media outlets and interested companies, and spread the WITS love in their country of residence.
The Ambassadors for the Women in Travel Summit are individuals from around the globe who act as leaders in spreading the word about WITS. Each ambassador represents her country and usually has a good deal of knowledge about her area. She is passionate about the WITS mission, organized, self-managed, a self-starter and an energetic individual.
WITS ambassadors must:
- Have a passion for travel and connecting with other travelers
- Act as the primary contact person for her local/country community
- Help expand the good news about WITS on a regular basis
- Be currently living in the country that they wish to represent
- Attend monthly Skype calls with the other ambassadors and our program coordinators to discuss and develop promotion projects
- Be active on social media and willing to conduct outreach to prospective attendees, media, and sponsors about the summit
The Ambassador commitment will be approximately from October 2014 to March 2015 and she is required to get on monthly conference calls with the team to discuss updates about their region.
Benefits of being a WITS Ambassador:
WITS ambassadors receive a number of benefits, including:
- 50% discount off WITS registration + free WITS t-shirt
- Participation in WITS planning team
- An opportunity to develop special activities for WITS ambassadors throughout the summit
- A great resume boost, as a special representative for her entire country
- A chance to make lasting friendships for years to come
How to apply
Those interested in applying to be a WITS ambassador should fill out the application below. Applications are due no later than 11:59pm ET on Saturday, September 20th.
Interviews will be conducted by the WITS Ambassador Program coordinators during the month of October. Ambassadors will be announced in 1 November 2014.