The Women in Travel Summit (WITS) by Wanderful is seeking talented speakers and dynamic presentations for WITS ’16 in Irvine, California!
WITS ’15 in Boston, Massachusetts set a high bar for next year’s potential presenters. Keynote speakers Dina Yuen and Kate McCulley were accompanied by a vivacious group of smart and inspiring women who spoke on a range of topics from ethical voluntourism to brand-creation workshops.
This year, we’re looking for even more.
Are you tech savvy when it comes to SEO, vlogging, or web design? Do you represent a brand or CVB that can offer expert advice on what you look for when partnering with travel bloggers? Do you have a compelling story involving issues women face while traveling that you’re dying to share? You’ve come to the right place!
What to Expect
At WITS ’15, we were thrilled to have:
• 300 attendees
• 32 speakers from around the world
• Presentations from bloggers, travelers, and entrepreneurs. This year we plan to include some industry perspectives as well!
• Helpful workshops, interactive talks, panel discussions, and compelling stories
• Seasoned conference presenters as well as many first-time speakers
At WITS ‘16, we expect to have:
• 500 attendees
• Even more industry and tech representatives
We were honored to host an eclectic group of speakers in Boston, and we are confident we can fill Irvine’s summit with the best of the best. We are looking for presenters who have unique insights and experiences and are able to use their knowledge to engage an audience. Most importantly, our speakers must be able to transfer a bit of wisdom, insider tips, or a bold message to our attendees.
When crafting your proposal remember to ask yourself, “What do I want people to take away from this presentation?” Allow yourself to be innovative, interesting, and informative so that you grab our attention — and leave us wanting to learn more. At WITS, our goal is to bring together a diverse array of women travelers with a passion for sharing stories and learning, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
For the woman of the world and the woman looking to get to know the world. This track features travel logistics, tips for immersing yourself in new places, and ideas on how to give back when traveling. Example topics include:
• Issues in women’s travel
• Voluntourism: ethics and practicalities
• Tips for traveling safely
• How to participate in the sharing economy (Airbnb, Couchsurfing, etc.)
• Advice for long-term travel
For the woman who wants to share her stories and the brand that wants to work with online writers. This track features writing workshops, familiarization with blogging platforms, and advice on how to work with brands and CVBs. Example topics include:
• Writing workshops
• Effective use of social media
• The “tech” side of blogging: plugins, analytics, HTML, SEO, platforms, etc.
• Press trip pitching and advice
• Brand perspective: ethics and expectations
For the empire-builder and income-generator. This track features monetization strategies, management tips, and workshops on turning your hobby into a career. Example topics include:
• Branding, social media, and marketing tips for start-ups
• Networking 101
• How to write a business plan
• Cooperation and competition for business owners
• Tips for productivity
• Monetization strategies
Please note that at this time, WITS is unable to offer speaker fees or travel expenses for accepted applicants. We’re trying very hard to keep costs down for both attendees and speakers who will be attending WITS ‘16 with offers like hotel discounts and catered lunches or parties.
What we do offer our speakers is:
• Complimentary registration at WITS.
• Killer swag bags filled with extra goodies from our amazing sponsors.
• Individualized social media promotion via Facebook and Twitter.
• Access to the WITS and Wanderful networks of travelers, bloggers, and industry reps.
• The opportunity to speak at a unique and rapidly expanding conference!
We hope you are interested in being a part of WITS, and we sincerely look forward to reading your application!