From building homes to volunteering at animal sanctuaries to staying in eco-friendly lodging, more and more travelers are looking to give back while on the road. Some are even dedicating their whole trip to social impact. But when is impact travel helpful to a local community — and when does it hurt it? Join a panel of impact travel experts to talk about this booming industry, — how it’s driving purchasing decisions, the ethical issues that may arise as a result, and what bloggers, entrepreneurs, and travelers can do to make responsible and ethical travel the norm.
What You Will Learn:
- A birds-eye view of the impact travel industry, from voluntourism to ecotourism
- How impact travel is driving purchase decisions, and what travel entrepreneurs should know about it
- What influencers can do to make responsible and ethical travel the reality and the norm
- How to support local economies in productive ways
- How to tell representative stories of the places you visit
- How to examine the ethical issues volunteer travel creates and decide when an impact trip will create value