Imagine it now: 500 female media professionals and influencers descending in waves upon one place, ready for a weekend of growth, fun, and exploration in a brand new city, Tweeting and Facebooking and blogging every waking hour to their thousands of followers and fans (each).
The best part of this vision? Imagine that city is yours.
This is the power of being the host of the Women in Travel Summit. For one weekend you get 500 press trips: 500 social media mavens, 500 bloggers, 500 enthusiastic travelers that are tasting, smelling and experiencing their way through your city.
But how to get there?
Introducing the WITS ’16 Destination Contest, for you can enter for the chance to win an opportunity to be the host of WITS ’16!
About the WITS ’16 Destination Contest
Tourism boards are invited to apply to host the Women in Travel Summit 2016 in their home city. We are looking for a great destination with:
- At least one hotel large enough to host the event
- Interesting activities, restaurants, and charm for WITS off-site events and tours
- Accessibility, including proximity to an airport and easy transport around town
- Enthusiasm and support for women travelers
If you feel your city would be a great site to host WITS ’16, fill out the application below and tell us why you’re the best! Four finalists will be chosen to host a booth and display their destinations at WITS ’15. This is your opportunity to “sell” your destination to our travelers (be creative!).
WITS ’15 attendees will vote for their favorite destination, which will count toward the final tally in choosing a destination for WITS ’16, announced live on stage at our closing ceremony.
WITS ’16 finalists are highlighted in a number of official WITS mailings and given premium booth placement at WITS ’15 in Boston, an amped-up version of our gold package. This is an unmatched opportunity to gain exposure among travel bloggers and show them why your city is great. Not only are you able to “sell” your destination to attendees, but you’ll also gain incredible exposure among bloggers in the process.
The host will receive a special host sponsorship package at a value of US $10,000, and will receive ample social media coverage from excited attendees when selected live on stage at WITS ’15. For more information on packages, click here for the full contest document, including terms and conditions.
To apply, fill out the below application before 1 October 2014.
Applying is free. However, to be considered, tourism bureaus must:
- Agree to purchase a booth at WITS ’15 for $5,000 IF selected as a finalist (a premium version of our gold sponsorship).
- Host 2 WITS team members for one weekend in your destination, covering all expenses, to review the area as a prospective site for WITS ’16.
- Assist the WITS planning team in finding a local hotel to host the event, as well as tour operators and other activities for attendees to participate in.
If selected as host of WITS ’16, destination receives official WITS ’16 host sponsorship package detailed here, which includes hosting the WITS opening party the Friday evening of WITS ’16, a FREE exhibition booth + four free tickets to WITS, and more.
Timeline of Events
- 25 June 2014: Applications open to host WITS ‘16
- 1 October 2014: Applications close
- 1 November 2014: Finalists are chosen
- 1 November 2014 – 1 February 2015: WITS team members visit destinations for finalist review
- 28 & 29 March, 2015: Finalists exhibit at WITS ‘15
- 29 March 2015: WITS ’16 destination is chosen live at closing ceremony